- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €4.788,62
Chandler Limited and Abbey Road Studios introduce the first new EMI badged microphone in over a half century, the ‘REDD Microphone’, continuing the rich tradition of innovation that started in 1930s with Alan Blumlein.
Designed by Chandler Limited Founder and Chief Designer, Wade Goeke, the patented REDD Microphone represents a shift in traditional microphone design, bringing together historic circuitry and the heralded EMI REDD.47 preamplifier sound in a new and unique way. This microphone is not a U-Type clone or derivative of any other microphone.
The Chandler Limited REDD Microphone is a large diaphragm tube condenser microphone, combining mic and preamp into a single, beautifully handcrafted professional recording device. Featuring the vacuum tube based REDD.47 Mic Amplifier circuit directly coupled to a custom handmade premium platinum membrane capsule, the REDD Microphone can be used with or without an external preamplifier.
The proximity of the REDD Microphone’s custom capsule to the internal tube mic preamp, allows it to deliver a larger than life full-bodied sound, with a velvety smooth top-end.
Rigorously tested at Abbey Road Studios on a variety of sources and against some of the most famous and classic microphones in recording industry history, the REDD microphone excelled.
- Microphone Type: Large Diaphragm Condenser, Tube
- Transducer Type: Platinum membrane, custom handmade, hand-milled
- Circuit Type: REDD.47 Mic Amplifier, Tube, 200Ω output impedance
- Gain: Switchable / +4 to +33db in 'NORM' mode
- Maximum gain: Extended gain in 'DRIVE' mode
- Patterns: Cardioid / Omni
- PAD: 10 dB / Switchable
- Phase: 0-180º / Switchable
- Low-Contour: Control Available at PSU
- Output Control: Continuous / Available at PSU
- Power: External/PSU included
- Microphone Cable: 7 Pin, 25' Mogami, included
- Shockmount: Included
- Case Molded: flight case / custom cut high-density rigid foam, include
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.