- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €528,46
The Cranborne Audio Camden EC1 combines the multi award winning Camden preamp technology with a reference-grade headphone amplifier to elevate your audio interface’s front-end to a professional level. Camden EC1 introduces one of the cleanest and most transparent preamps on the market into a standalone, desktop-friendly chassis that can integrate with any audio interface.
Designed to compete with the very best, the Camden preamp itself achieves unprecedented low-noise and low-distortion performance as well as frequency and phase linearity at all gain settings. It’s 12-way rotary Gain switch enables easy recallability of preamp gain whilst its dedicated mic, line, and hi-z input modes allows Camden EC1 to not only become your go-to mic preamp, but also a line-level saturator and instrument DI thanks to dedicated ¼” jack Link outputs for each channel.
Using its Mojo analog saturation control, Camden EC1’s transforms from extraordinarily clean, natural, and precise sounding, into thick, gooey, and vintage-sounding at the turn of a dial. With two discrete Mojo styles; Thump and Cream, Camden EC1 can perfectly imitate vintage transformer or valve-based preamps at the turn of a dial.
With an abundance of I/O available, Camden EC1 facilitates the maximum amount of flexibility with all 3rd party audio interfaces and recorders by including dedicated XLR outputs, Impedance balanced 1/4” jack outputs with 10 dB PAD, and a Link output when using Camden EC1 as a DI.
Camden EC1 is another Cranborne Audio product engineered and designed under the team’s watchful eyes. Camden EC1 features elite audio specifications and application-based features that defies its price tag and is accessible for professional, project, and home studio engineers.
- Discrete mic/line/hi-z preamp featuring the award-winning ‘Camden’ topology from the Camden 500 Preamp and Signal Processor for 500 series
- Audio performance at the near-theoretical limits of noise, distortion, and phase/frequency linearity at all gain settings
- 48V orange LED indicates voltage charging or dissipating to prevent damage to ribbon microphones and to ensure voltage is fully charged before use; red indicates when voltage is fully charged and ready to use
- ‘Mojo’ analog saturation circuits with variable control, true bypass, and 2 discrete styles - Thump and Cream
- Create zero-latency artist mixes by combining the Camden preamp with external playback from Aux Input 1/4” jacks on Camden EC1’s rear panel
- Use the reference grade headphone amplifier for critical listening by sending stereo mixes from the interface into the Aux input and monitoring directly using Camden EC1’s headphone output
- Reference-quality, high-powered headphone amplifier
- Balanced XLR output and impedance balanced 1/4” jack outputs for maximum connectivity into audio interfaces and other downstream equipment
- -10 dB PAD to attenuate preamp output for low-headroom audio interfaces
- Dedicated Impedance balanced 1/4" jack Link output for true instrument DI functionality and splitting instrument inputs to balanced or unbalanced amplifiers and effects
- C.A.S.T. OUT port for connecting into 500R8/500ADAT
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.