ex VAT: €2.837,40
Core Sub is the ideal low-frequency extension for all speakers in the Core studio monitor range.
And when we say ‘low’, we mean it: it digs down with a flat response to 15Hz with a 6dB roll-off at 13.5Hz. There’s no meaningful low frequency that it won’t reproduce utterly faithfully.
Combine its handcrafted cabinet – made at our factory in Denmark – with four of our latest low-frequency drive units and 1000W of Pascal class-D amplification, and you get a subwoofer worthy of supporting the ground-breaking Core speakers.
Each Sub delivers 120dB, integrating perfectly with the power on offer from the rest of the Core series. It’s versatile, too – it’s digital and analogue, you can stack up to three together and on the top there are indentations to perfectly align any core monitors.
Core Sub has four 9in side-firing handmade Dynaudio hybrid woofers – Dynaudio’s new MSP+ Hybrid Drive units – which are made primarily from aluminium for stiffness, and are designed specifically for subwoofers. To counter ringing from the aluminium, it utilises a dual-action damping system that combines paper dampening on the back of the driver and Dynaudio’s own Magnesium Silicate Polymer material in a dampening cap on the front, ensuring the best performance. This driver is an improved version of the one you find in the highly acclaimed 18s woofer. The quest was simple; make the best bass driver possible.
Make no mistake: Core Sub isn’t just another boom-box. This is a highly accurate low-frequency delivery system. Get ready to be moved. Literally.
Features & Specs:
- Woofer: 4 x 9in
- Inputs: Analogue and AES3 digital inputs (no sample-rate conversion)
- Resolution: Maximum 24-bit / 192 kHz, depending on input signal
(32, 44.1, 48, 96 & 192 kHz sample rates supported, analogue runs at 192 kHz)
- Max SPL: 120 dB
- Frequency response (- 6 dB): 13.5 Hz – 200 Hz
- Frequency response (+/- 3 dB): 15 Hz – 165 Hz
- Box principle: Sealed enclosure
- Amplifiers: Pascal Class-D amplifiers: LF 2 x 500 W
- Dimensions: 390 mm, 365 mm, 514 mm (W x D x H)
- 15 3⁄8in, 14 3⁄8in, 20 1⁄4in (W x D x H)
- Weight: 48 kg (105.8 lb)
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.