- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €577,24
elysia is one of the most impressive pro-audio manufacturers in the market, designing and building all discrete Class A recording, mixing and mastering tools in Germany for a surprisingly affordable price.
The Elysia Skulpter 500 is an audiophile preamp loaded with the highest grade audio circuitry to add color and warmth to the front end recording into your DAW interface. The preamp is fully discrete, Class-A and feed-forward by design, providing ultra-clean low or high gain signal without the use of a pad or cloudlifter with a full dynamic range of 3 dB - 65 dB.
Two variable saturation and filter stages are included to add more warmth or color to the mic or DI signal, getting you closer to a "finished" record sound with less work on the back end. Shape one is for instruments and focuses on adding harmonics or THD, aimed at eliminateing any harsh peaks while maintaining a thick full sound. Shape two is for vocals. It applies the same style of saturation, but more soft clip tube-like characteristics rather than straight THD.
The onboard compressor is easily controlled with one knob to adjust the threshold. The ratio is fixed at 3:1 as well as fixed attack and release times that work well no matter what you’re recording. elysia’s Auto Fast function is included in the compression circuit to reduce the attack to the shortest value when a very strong signal and transient pass through, this helps control the loudest peaks in a performance while remaining as dynamic as possible.
The Skulpter includes a front panel DI with a crystal clear signal path and a large amount of headroom, perfect for adding some vibe to electric or acoustic guitar, bass, synths or outboard effects processors.
The qube version comes with two skulpter 500, in a rugged, lightweight and travel-ready aluminium case with all the great pristine, transparent sound you will expect from us. Plus, we designed a super-low noise Power Supply just for the qube. Connection wise it features two balanced XLR in and out plus two extra TRS in and out.
- 100% discrete Class A topology: pristine audio path and signal processing
- Audiophile gain staging: natural and incredibly detailed sound
- Dual sound shopper: mojo machine with filters and harmonics
- Intelligent onboard dynamics: smart controlled musical compression
- Variable low cut filter: flexible low frequency cleanup
- Balanced DI: instrument input with massive headroom
- Multifunction meter: level, gain, compression, and clipping
- Stepped controllers: exact and repeatable settings
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.