- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
ex VAT: €1.699,19
The 5057 Orbit represents Rupert Neve's 60 years of experience in console design, giving you the legendary tonality, power, and wide-open soundstage that only Neve’s class-A analog summing can provide. Take advantage of your DAW based workflow flexibility and add tone, depth and clarity with Rupert's custom audio transformers and the Silk Red & Blue circuitry for variable harmonic saturation.
When you push a mix buss and output transformers towards saturation, the non-linear, musical harmonics that occur are what truly glue a recording together and bring it to life. Rather than using an external summing solution that offers little more than an ultra-clean representation of the in-the-box experience, the Orbit provides the extraordinary richness, harmonic complexity and depth that only a
Rupert Neve console can bring to your mixes.
The Orbit utilizes a highly custom output transformer configuration originally developed for the acclaimed Shelford Channel, which provides both a Main Output and a -6dB Output – the latter of which enables you to fully drive the Orbit to achieve more transformer harmonics without clipping the next device in the chain. This unique transformer drive is a hallmark of the sound of Rupert Neve throughout the years – and the sound of countless classic hit records.
In addition to the choice of outputs, the continuously variable Texture control with Silk Red and Silk Blue modes gives you complete control over the harmonic density and tonality of your mix – or lets you keep it utterly pristine and uncolored. The Silk Red mode accentuates transformer saturation in the high and high-mid frequencies to amplify the vibrant midrange harmonics associated with Rupert’s vintage equipment, while Silk Blue accentuates saturation of the lows and low-mids to add thickness and weight to any source – especially useful for “thin-sounding” mixes.
While the Orbit is an extremely effective tool on its own, multiple units can be combined through the Buss Link for a higher channel count. The 5057 Orbit can also be used as a building block in an expandable summing system utilizing the 5059 Satellite for flexible summing & routing, and the 5060 Centerpiece for additional mixing and monitoring features. These units create the core of a world-class analog modular console system rivaling any traditional large-scale studio setup.
- 16 Channel +/- 21V Class-A mix buss for massive headroom
- Silk Red & Blue modes with Texture control
- Dual-tap output transformers create rich harmonic character without clipping the next device in the chain
- Mono switches enable you to precisely center any mono mix elements like vocals, kick, snare and bass
- Exceptional linearity and accuracy, better than +/-0.1dB per channel
- Ultra-low crosstalk for wide open stereo imaging and sonic depth
- Expandable for higher channel count via buss link to other 5057 units
- Repeatable, rapid DAW-based recall while adding the rich, unrivaled sound quality of Rupert Neve Designs
- Robust and compact 1U chassis design with DB25 inputs and XLR outputs
- Combine with other Rupert Neve Designs summing products to create a world-class modular mix system
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.