ex VAT: €1.939,02
If there is a single piece of analogue processing equipment that is synonymous with SSL, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor. From the very first commercially released SSL 4000B console in 1976 and through many generations of SSL consoles that have followed, the Bus Compressor has always been the stalwart of the console centre section. For many of the world’s top engineers and producers, the Bus Compressor continues to be the most relied upon processing tool for making mixes sound bigger and more complete, with drive and energy from adding that legendary SSL glue and punch.
While the circuitry of the original SSL bus compressor is central to the character of this unit, SSL has ensured that you can have your cake and eat it too, with a number of welcome updates. You can run the unit in stereo, dual mono, or mid-side configurations, plus, there are side-chain inputs and sends for more flexibility in function and routing.
Mastering engineers will love the extensive dynamic EQ capabilities on offer, with 16 selectable frequency points per band (which can be bypassed on an individual basis), as well as compression and expansion modes.
All in all, THE BUS+ offers up a new level of flexibility, control, and creative options for a stereo bus, or even an entire mix.
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit
- Four modes of operation: Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono and Mid-Side
- New Attack and Release time constant options
- Three distinct compression coloration options can be combined or used individually:
- 4K Mode provides variable harmonic distortion to bring some 'grit' to the mix
- LOW THD Mode reduces low-frequency distortion for a cleaner bottom-end
- F/B Mode offers a more 'relaxed' style of compression
- Built-in two-band dynamic EQ
- Stepped controls designed for mastering and precision processing applications
- Transient Expander effect
- Configurable processing order
- Variable side-chain high-pass filter up to 300 Hz in 10 Hz steps
- Mix control for instant parallel compression
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.